Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday 8:40 p.m.

Our last day in Guangzhou ended with another great meal. ( Really we have done other things than eat, but I don't think any of us has lost any weight.) Regardless, our evaluation and debriefing meeting was held in a very nice restaurant where we were served a "Latin Barbque Feast"....all you can eat style. After a huge build your own salad, Latin servers continually come by the table with all kinds of meat on skewers and cut the portions we wanted. Chicken, beaf, lamb, etc. I suspect camel was the most exotic food that we were served today.....now that we are "experienced" China epicureans!!

Everyone has gone "out on the town" for one last time with friends they have made. Some goodbyes were said this afternoon and tears were shed. Team members have developed some special relationships in a very short period of time.

We depart Guangzou at Noon tomorrow (Tuesday) and arrive in Beijing at 3:05 p.m. I talked with our "contact" in Beijing this morning and all is prepared for our arrival and tour. We will be leaving a high of 70 degrees in Guangzhou and will be greeted in Beijing with a high of 32 degrees. However, don't despair.....most of us brought warms clothes anticipating the cold weather. Other bought gloves and hats today.

I don't know if we will have internet connections in our Beijing hotel....if so, I will post another update tomorrow night......if not, I will try to find an "internet cafe". Please know that I will try my best to post update.......I know that many family and friends are keeping up with us. I hope we will have internet connection with faster speed which will allow me to post some pictures. Some of you were expecting more emails from the team, however, slow connections and no connections, and a very busy schedule have kept emails from us to a minimum....Sorry!!

We are looking forward to our tour of Beijing and I hope to update you tomorrow night.

RT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just a quick prayer for traveling mercies for you and your team has been lifted up on your behalf. May the Lord grant you a peaceful journey and rest when possible.